I am so excited about this new recipe! I tried it out a couple of weeks ago in Spain, and just had it the other day again. It is simple, easy to make, healthy, and oh so yummy! My mom calls it restaurant worthy… but then again, she is my mom…
The salmon comes in at 310 calories, making it such a healthy and nutritional meal to have. Salmon is an amazing source of vitamin B12, vitamin D and selenium. In addition to this, its rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, phosphorus and vitamin B6. What more do you want? 😉 I served the salmon fillets with spinach. Simply fry off some garlic, add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Keep reading if you want to find out how to make these babies.
Ingredients: (makes 4 servings)
- fresh salmon fillets (4 pieces)
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2tsp honey
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees (Celsius)
- In a small dish, combine the Dijon mustard, soy sauce and honey and mix well. Add a little salt and pepper to season to taste. If you prefer the sauce to be a little sweeter, add more honey.
- Line an oven plate with some baking paper. Place the salmon fillets on the oven plate. Using a spoon or a brush, brush on some (not all!) of the sauce over the tops of the salmon fillets. Save the rest of the sauce.
- Put the salmon fillets in the oven. After around 5 minutes in the oven, remove the oven plate and brush the remaining sauce over the tops of the salmon and put it back in the oven.
- Turn your oven to grill mode and cook for the remaining time. The cooking time depends on the thickness of the salmon fillets. It can vary between 9-15 minutes. Keep an eye out and cook to your preferred amount.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and serve with vegetables.